The P&C is a wonderful way to get to know other parents, to share ideas as well as to help the school with fundraising.
Parental interest is a more potent influence on children’s learning success than parents’ education or cultural background, occupation or family income level.
All state schools offer opportunities for parents to join a parents and citizens (P&C) association.
The P&C at our school aims to:
- foster a knowledge and awareness of the role of special education in the local community.
- foster parent-teacher co-operation by working with the principal and the teachers.
- foster discussion on educational provision at the school.
- provide advice to Education Queensland on the particular needs of the school.
- improve educational facilities by the provision of additional resources and equipment not provided by Education Queensland.
The P&C is an integral part of the school community and has an important and responsible role. All parents are urged to participate in this organisation.
Please contact the current P&C Officers through the school.
Pine Rivers Special School’s P&C meets regularly at the school. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend these meetings.
Many hands make lighter work for everyone.
10 Lawnton Pocket Road
Lawnton QLD 4504
Phone: 07 3285 0555
Fax: 07 3285 2315